|Looking forward! (Photo by Nani Härkönen, http://naniannette.fi)|
Farewell 2013 & Welcome 2014! Last night, we were honoured to celebrate New Year's Eve in a very special company at a wedding reception of our dear friends, M&M. It was a wonderful and memorable way to close an eventful year, which from the perspective of the Olive Green Window -projects started from a complete mess downstairs, and finished with a bit more organised chaos in the same area.
It was quite easy for us to pinpoint the Olive Green Window highlights of 2013, and similarly identify our ambitions for 2014. To start with the former, our four favourite reflections are (in chronological order):
- Functional laundry room
- Atrium terrace
- Project Downstairs kick off
- Extensive acquiring and disposing of antiques
Our wish list for 2014 includes the following:
- Completion of Project Downstairs
- Back yard revival
- Underground storage room
- Sofi's room
In terms of New Year's resolutions, we are not going to commit finishing the items mentioned on the wish list above, because based on our experiences, the "arch enemy of scheduled commitments", the unexpected is inevitable rather than exception. Instead, we have chosen two we can actually keep: one related to the Olive Green Window blog, and another related directly to us:
- As relative new bloggers, we are continuously amazed of the growing interest and positive feedback from you, our dear readers. For that, we owe you our deepest gratitude. Driven by your interest and our personal vision, we will commit to also invest time, effort and above all passion for the Olive Green Window blog, and regularly share our stories at least on average weekly intervals. Please keep sharing your feedback and thoughts with us!
- The second resolution is a more personal one by nature, but to really keep it alive more than a few weeks, we want to share it with you. In the future, we both are responsible for the other one exercising at least three times a week. Allocating time between Sofi, Urho, home and work it is not always easy to find the time for exercising. So instead of Minna keeping track she goes for a run three times a week, she will ensure Pekka will head to the pool often enough, and vice versa. Based on a short trial period in 2013, the system seems to be working extremely well!
So once again, thank you! It has truly been a pleasure to share our journey with you all. May the New Year bring you patience with your renovation / restoration projects, success in your antique hunt, and unforgettable moments with your VIPs!